In recent days, dandruff has become the common problem for most of the people. It can be defined as the dry dead skin present on the scalp. It causes itchiness, dry scalp, hair loss, irritation. Malassezia, a fungus is the reason for dandruff. Causes and treatments for dandruff varies depending on the type of skin you have. It may be dry skin or oily skin.
Using vinegar is one of the effective remedy to prevent dandruff. The acetic acid present in the vinegar helps in the removal of dead skin cells from the scalp. Potassium present in vinegar helps to treat itchy scalp and kill the bacteria. Vinegar helps in perfect blood circulation to the scalp and also alkalizes the scalp by giving us a healthy scalp and a shiny hair.
Reasons for dandruff
Dandruff can be caused due to several reasons.
- Changes in environment
- Unhealthy diet
- Skin conditions
- No proper drying hair
- No proper hygiene on your hair(regular washing or shampooing)
- If the conditioner is not cleaned properly
[alsoRead link=”https://healthnbeauty.in/beauty-benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar-for-more-beautiful-skin-and-hair/” target=”_blank” ]Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Skin and Hair[/alsoRead]
Best home remedies to get rid of dandruff using vinegar
1 Vinegar as oil to treat dandruff
- Take some oil into your hand and apply it on your scalp and massage it for 15 minutes.
- Leave it rest on your hair for one or two hours or you can leave it overnight.
- Next day rinse your hair with water.
2 Apple cider vinegar to remove dandruff
Apple cider vinegar has anti-bacterial properties which helps in killing all kinds of bacteria from your scalp.
- Take equal proportions of water and apple cider vinegar. Mix them well and apply it to your scalp.
- Massage it for 5 minutes and let it dry.
- You can shampoo after one hour or any time you want.
- Take care that you use an anti-dandruff shampoo.
3 Vinegar after shampoo to get rid of dandruff
- Wash your hair with water using a shampoo.
- Clean your shampoo properly and then mix 1 tbsp of vinegar and 3 tbsp of water.
- Mix well and pour it on your hair and massage it for 5 minutes.
- Next wash off your hair with normal water and let it dry.
4 Vinegar with chamomile tea to get relief from dandruff
Vinegar has an odd smell which most of the people won’t like. Chamomile tea helps in the reduction of its smell and acts as a best conditioner.
- 300ml of chamomile tea
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- Mix both the above ingredients in a bowl.
- Rinse your hair with this solution and leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and again wash off your hair with water.