Dandruff is a common problem in both men and women due to many reasons such as pollution, hygiene conditions, lifestyle and many more. This mostly occurs due to the itchy scalp, fungus formed on the scalp due to pollution, dry skin. Dandruff is one of the skin condition which occurs due to high production of sebum. Excess itchiness on the scalp produces some dry skin flakes which is none other than dandruff. It is very embarrassing to wear a black coloured clothes for the people suffering with this problem.
Treating dandruff is not at all a difficult task now-a-days. But using the products available in the market gives you a temporary solution. As everyone needs a permanent solution for this problem following some home remedies may give you perfect results.
Recommended Article : Top Home Remedies to Get Rid of Dandruff & Dry Scalp Permanently
Here we provide you some of the best remedies for treating dandruff with salt. This is a very easy way and also salt will be readily available in the kitchen. Salt has a tendency to kill the yeast. It acts as a scrub for your scalp. It also has exfoliating property and acts as a natural cleanser.
Symptoms of Dandruff
- Dry skin flakes on the scalp and we can also find it on the shoulder when we rub our hair
- Loss of hair, baldness
- Itchy scalp
Causes of dandruff
There are several reasons that causes dandruff.
Malassezia furfur is an yeast that is present on the skin which if over produced leads to dandruff.
- Changes in harmones
- Stress levels
- Scalp infected with fungus and bacteria
- No proper cleaning of scalp
- Not maintaining a proper and healthy diet
Benefits of using salt for the removal of dandruff
- Salt has an excellent quality of absorbing excess oil from the hair and prevents it from being greasy.
- Applying salt on the scalp lets it remove the dandruff from the hair and avoids the dandruff falling on the clothes.
- Removes the moisture from the scalp and avoids the growth of fungus and bacteria
Best home remedies to treat dandruff with salt
Remove Dandruff instantly busing the simple and readily available kitchen ingredient – salt
1 Home remedy to remove dandruff with salt
- Some salt
- Sprinkle some salt on your scalp using a salt shaker.
- Make your fingers wet and massage your scalp for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Later wash your scalp with an anti-dandruff shampoo.
- Make sure that you massage your scalp so that the dead dry flakes on the scalp are completely removed.
2 Another home remedy to get rid of dandruff using salt
- 3 tbsp of salt
- 1 glass of water
- Boil 1 glass of water in a pan.
- Add 3 tbsp of salt to it. Stir it till the salt melts.
- Let it cool down.
- Start rinsing your scalp and hair with this water for 10 minutes and later using an anti-dandruff shampoo wash your hair completely.
Recommended Article : Best Natural Quick Garlic Hair Masks to Control Dandruff Permanently
3 Simple home treatment for dandruff with salt
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/4 spoon of salt
- 1 tbsp of water
- Mix all the above ingredients so that it forms a foamy mixture.
- Apply it on your scalp.
- Massage for half an hour.
- Wash your scalp cleanly and completely using an anti-dandruff shampoo.
4 Easy way to get dandruff free scalp with salt
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of baking soda
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 3 tbsp of vinegar
- Rub your scalp with olive oil. Try to remove the dry flakes on the skin.
- Then wash your hair using baking soda and salt.
- Later in a bucket of water add vinegar and rinse your hair completely.
- You can use any conditioner also after headbath.
Simple tips for getting dandruff free scalp
- Do not change the products you use on your scalp frequently such as shampoos, hair oils etc.
- Use the best anti-dandruff shampoo.
- Consume a healthy diet which includes all the green leafy vegetables, milk, chicken, eggs, proteins, vitamins A, B and E.
- Control the levels of stress and tension.
Precautions to be taken to prevent dandruff
- Some people use lemon to their scalp. Do not use lemon and salt at the same time because it has a tendency to burn your skin and causes skin irritation.
- Take care while using olive oil. Make sure that you clean the oil completely from your hair since olive oil has a tendency which helps in the growth of fungus further leads in the increase of dandruff.
- Do not rub the scalp hardly because the salt crystals may have a chance to damage the scalp if pressed with force.
- Limit the intake of salt and sugars into your body.
After using these home remedies if still the problem with dandruff continues, or if you find any redness or swollen nature on your scalp consult your doctor immediately.