Itchy eyes is the most common problem people facing these days. Most of the people now-a-days work most of the time in front of the computers and are facing many eye related issues. Reasons causing these itchy eyes may include insufficient sleep, pollution, infections or allergies, dust and so on.
Itchiness in the eyes may make the eyes red and swollen sometimes and causes itchiness in the eyes. This problem increases as the people keep on rubbing their eyes in order to reduce the itchiness. If the problem is severe it is better to consult an eye specialist. It is better to treat the problem earlier than to make it serious. Earlier stages of this problem with itchy eyes can be treated with the following home remedies.
[alsoRead link=”https://healthnbeauty.in/best-tips-to-protect-your-eyes/” target=”_blank” ]Best Ways To Protect Your Eyes and Eyesight[/alsoRead]
Causes of Itchy eyes – Why my eyes are itching?
- Conjunctivitis, an allergy caused to the eyes which leads to redness and itchiness of the eyes.
- More application of the cosmetic products to the eyes such as eye liners, mascara and so on.
- Usage of contact lens may also cause itchy eyes.
- Allergies and infections such as rhinitis, eczema, asthma may lead to itchy eyes.
- Pollution is one of the reasons which causes itchy eyes.
- Not sufficient sleep. Here are some best tips to have sound sleep.
- Spending more time in front of electronic devices such as television, computers etc.
Symptoms of itchy eyes
- Redness and itchiness in the eyes.
- Formation of more puss from the eye.
- Continuous water coming out from the eye.
- Eyes become sensitive to sunlight.
- Burning feeling in the eye.
Many eye drops are available in the market which gives you some relief but the best natural way to treat any problem is by using these home remedies.
Effective home remedies to treat itchy eyes
1Cucumber slices to sooth irritation and itchiness of eyes
Cucumber has cooling, soothing and anti-irritation properties. It helps in the reduction of irritation, redness and swelling of the eyes.
- 1 cucumber
- Take a cucumber and clean it properly.
- Make them into thin slices and refrigerate them for 20 minutes.
- Place them over the eyes.
- For better results, repeat this process five times a day.
2 Baking soda to cure red and itchy eyes
Baking soda has an ability to fight infections and it also contains soothing properties.
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- 1/2 cup of water
- Mix the baking soda in water and clean your eyes properly twice to thrice a day.
[alsoRead link=”https://healthnbeauty.in/tips-on-how-to-make-your-eyes-look-bigger-and-more-vibrant/” target=”_blank” ]Tips to make your eyes look bigger and brighter[/alsoRead]
3 Green tea remedy for itching eyes
Green Tea has anti-inflammatory property which helps in soothing the eyes. Recently green tea is being used for many health issues.
- 2 green tea bags or sachets.
- Take one cup of distilled water.
- Boil this water and add the green tea bags to it.
- Switch off the flame and allow it to cool down.
- Clean your eyes thoroughly with this solution twice to thrice a day.
4 Rosewater to cool the eye itchiness
Rosewater has cooling and soothing effects. This is very beneficial for the people suffering with itchy eyes.
- Wash your eyes with rosewater atleast 2-3 times a day.
5 Cold milk can reduce burning eye
Milk is the ingredient which is readily available at home in our day to day life.
- cotton ball
- cold milk
- Dip the cotton ball in cold milk and rub it over the eyes.
- Again soak in the milk and place it on the itchy eye for 20 minutes.
- Do the process 3 times daily for effective results.