In this fast generation, people are being mostly addicted to the junk foods. Junk foods or any unhealthy foods have a chance of forming cavities. Toothache is mostly caused due to the cavities formed in the teeth. Cavities are formed due to the bacteria caused from the starchy and sugary foods that stick to your gums and teeth. This bacteria damages your teeth and when this damage reaches the nerve it starts aching.
Toothaches will be ranging from medium to severe. Don’t take the problem easy. This tooth pain should not be for a longer time. Better you can try the following home remedies to treat toothache. Even if the problem resists better consult a dentist.
Recommended Article : Best Natural Home Remedies For Healthy White Teeth
Common causes that lead to tooth pain | Why my tooth is paining?
- A cracked tooth
- If the tooth filling comes loose
- any sinus infections
- infections at the gum line of a tooth
Home remedies to get relief from toothache | Reduce tooth pain
Cloves to relieve tooth pain
Cloves acts as a natural anesthetic. It numbs the nerves that cause the pain. It fights infections and relieves tooth pain.
- 2 cloves
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Powder both the cloves.
- Add the olive oil to it and apply it at the aching tooth.
- You can also dip a cotton ball in that oil and rub in the affected area of the tooth.
- Another procedure you can follow is, just mix this clove oil in a glass of water.
- Pour this water in your mouth and rinse the whole mouth.
Salt and Pepper to treat toothache
Salt and pepper have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. They help in relieving the tooth pain.
- 2 tsp of pepper
- 2 tsp of salt water
- Make a powder of pepper and mix it with salt.
- Add some water and form it into a paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected tooth.
- Leave it for sometime.
- Repeat this process daily till you get relief from your tooth pain.
Onion treatment to get relief from toothache
Onion has best antiseptic and antibacterial properties to get relief from tooth pain.
- 1 onion
- When you are facing a tooth pain, take a raw onion piece and chew it.
- If the pain is severe and if you can’t chew it, just keep in on the affected tooth and leave it.
Garlic to reduce tooth pain
Garlic has many medicinal properties such as antibiotic property. This is one of the effective home remedy to treat toothache.
- 2 garlic cloves
- Mash the garlic clove and mix it with salt and apply it directly on the affected tooth.
- Instead you can directly chew one or two cloves of garlic.
Recommended Article : Was it safe to under go root canal treatment during pregnancy? Dental Problems
Salt water to treat toothache
Salt has anti-bacterial properties.
- 1 tbsp of common salt
- 1 glass of water
- Simply mix the salt and lukewarm water and just rinse your mouth using this salt water.
Asafetida treats bleeding gums and dental pain
Using asafetida many dental problems can be solved. It helps in treating bleeding gums at home. This will give you instant relief.
- 1/2 tsp of asafetida
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- Powder the asafetida.
- Mix it with lemon juice.
- Place that bowl on the stove, heat the mixture lightly.
- With the help of a cotton pad, apply it to the affected tooth.
- Else you can take some butter, heat it and fry asafetida in it. Apply this mixture in the tooth.